Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Sound of Music

Tonight I completed Couch to 5k, Week 6 Day 2! I'm so glad to report that I didn't have a repeat of Sunday's aversive miserableness. This was another easy-ish one (run 10 minutes, walk 3, run 10), in preparation for this Thursday's crazy obstacle, running 25 minutes straight.

Reality check: 10 minutes twice is easy-ish? Wow.
.
.
.
I haven't written much about the music I run to. I made a playlist of about 65 songs, and put it on shuffle when I run. It definitely keeps me going, and can't imagine running without it (at this point).

It's mostly random, often bordering on embarrassing (I'm training for a race at Disney World; the Lilo & Stitch theme is perfectly acceptable!). I love reading about the music that inspires others' workouts, so in case you're curious, here are my 10 of my favorite workout songs, in no particular order:

Barrel of a Gun, Guster
Love Me Do, The Beatles
Dancing in the Dark, Bruce Springsteen
O Valencia!, The Decemberists
We Both Go Down Together, The Decemberists
You Can Call Me Al, Paul Simon
Anna Ng, They Might Be Giants
Doctor Worm, They Might Be Giants
Dirty World, Traveling Wilburys
Bitch Went Nuts, Ben Folds

As you can tell, I don't tend to seek out the hip hop-type music that is really common on a lot of workout playlists these days, but I'm always open to suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! Breezing through 10 minutes twice. :) 25 minutes is a big one, but you can do it! I'll be sending you calm, easy-running vibes tomorrow evening...

    ReplyDelete