Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bark in the Park 5k

Dear Running Blog,

Hi, old friend! I'm so happy to see you today. I have a few important things to tell you. First, I finished my 3rd 5k this morning, the Bark in the Park race to benefit Greenhill Humane Society where we got Ollie from 3 years ago. I am giddy to share that I set another PR. I came in at 45:15, which is over a minute and a half faster than my previous race time of 46:51.


This was an especially huge accomplishment because I'm back in physical therapy for a hip strain, and was expecting to have to walk most of the way. And also especially huge because this was my first race using the Galloway method (as my friend Anne says, Gallowalking... HA!), which I swear by more and more every time I go out and use it. As a special bonus surprise at the race, I got to meet my local blogging pal Renee, who was out there running her first 5k (YAY!)... hi Renee, hope to see you again soon!

Bark in the Park 5k

In other news, I just started Week 4 of the 200 situps program; I did just over 150 today. It's actually fun! And finally, probably the biggest thing that's happened is that Andy and I started counting calories. My blogging friend Brooke posted about the LoseIt! iPhone app, and it seems like it's the perfect match for our needs at this point (vs. trying Weight Watchers again or something else). It's made me incredibly mindful of what I put in my body while not feeling like I'm lacking for anything, which is, to me, the ideal eating plan. I had a hot fudge sundae after my Thai dinner the other night and was still under my calories for the day. I've lost almost 4 pounds in less than 2 weeks! If you'd like more info about the app, Brooke's post sums it up perfectly.

I miss you, and hope to see you more regularly now that my school obligations are winding down. Take care, little running blog.

Love always,
AEI

4 comments:

  1. YOU KICK ASS!!! sounds like you're really listening to your body in so many ways. So proud of you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I just ran a 5k with my bf a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your PR!!! Great job on the run. I must say, I was really feeling it after the race. I don't recommend doing a 5K after a week of illness and sitting on the couch. My poor body. But, I couldn't miss my first race!! About an hour later I felt fantastic for the rest of the day so I'm thrilled I went. I see you're planning to do the Butte to Butte. That was my goal race for the year so I'll see you there for the dreaded Donald hill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, congrats on your PR, amy!! so happy for you :) and oliver is basically the cutest dog EVER. what a great running companion!

    ReplyDelete