Monday, May 10, 2010

Update!

Hi! It appears as though life has gotten in the way of my efforts to document my progress here in the last few weeks. I've had lots of posts composed in my head, but haven't been able to get them down on paper (I mean blog editor?). So in an effort to catch up, I have some bullet points to share:

*I love, love, love training with Jeff Galloway's method. More and more every time I go out to run. It's totally for me, and I'm so grateful that I found it. A couple of weeks ago, without even trying, I shaved more than a minute off of my fastest mile time ever. Even with walking 1/3 of the time. Brilliant.

*We were down in San Jose for Andy's cousin's wedding last weekend, and I got to try out a fantastic trail, the Coyote Creek trail. I took lots of pictures with the intention of writing a whole post on it. Oops.

*Yesterday we "discovered" a local trail. It's called Pre's Trail (named after U of Oregon track legend Steve Prefontaine, of course). It's located in Alton Baker Park, which is where most of the local 5ks are held, but we had never actually ventured onto Pre's Trail. Such the best-kept secret! I am completely in love and look forward to doing lots of long runs there in the coming weeks.

*I got a foam roller! Yowwwwch.

Ugh, this post feels really half-assed, but it's all I've got for now. Will just say that things are going relatively well! Slow and steady (and very achy). In a good way.

More soon!

1 comment:

  1. Don't do what I did today and go for a run without stretching. My leg muscles are so tight tonight! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete