Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm Still In It...

Hi! I'm still here. Life has definitely gotten in the way of having 17 million blogs. It's also gotten in the way of training. I won't go into the details because all it will do is make me anxious, but training hasn't been going as well as I've hoped. I skipped my long runs this weekend and last for various health-related reasons, and I'm not confident that I'm going to be able to finish before I get kicked off the course for my turtle-y pace. But all I can do now, besides keep up with my training/strengthening, is have an exceptionally positive attitude, even when everything in my nature is headed in the opposite direction.

This kind, supportive, encouraging message from my friends at Disney is what has me flipping my lid. I've been hovering around 15+ (with the Gallowalking), and jeez, can a girl take a bathroom break?!?

From the race website:

"Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon & Relay
To compete you must be 14 years of age or older. All athletes entering the Half Marathon or Relay must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace or faster throughout the entire race.

Anyone not able to maintain the pace will be picked up and transported to the finish. You may be picked up at any point along the course for not maintaining pace. If you are transported to the finish line for any reason you will not receive a finisher medal."


3 1/2 weeks to go... going to do everything I can to keep myself healthy and finish that race with a medal around my neck!

5 comments:

  1. Keep it up and believe in yourself! I never read anything like that in any race information, but YOU WILL BE FINE. Try to not to worry. Go out there, enjoy and proudly wear the medal. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amy, i'll be sending you tons of good thoughts on race day - keep your chin up and try not to worry too much! you should be really proud of how far you have come, especially considering, as you put it, "life" in the last several months. i'm cheering for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's almost race day! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely seen stipulations like that... I signed up for a 10-Miler in August that I ended up not running since I hadn't seen the 12-minute minimum pace (and it was the week after my triathlon, so I totally expected to be slower than that). I'm not sure if it works the same way at Disney, but with mine it was a time limit thing... and they based it on when the last person started the race (meaning if you place yourself towards the front of the pack at the start, you may get yourself a little extra time). Not sure if they're releasing you in waves though...
    Either way, you WILL without a doubt run a tiny bit faster on race day with all the adrenaline. I can't wait to hear how much you're going to kick some Disney butt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up and know that regardless, just SIGNING UP is a huge thing. I know you will do great! Much love, Rachel Raskin

    ReplyDelete