Friday, April 9, 2010

...Not as Scared

So, a follow-up to my post yesterday where I talked about fear and my back and all that other fun stuff. Andy made a really good point last night that I hadn't thought of during my panicked hours yesterday, and it's helped to put this whole thing into perspective for me.

When I first injured my back, it's likely because there was no support. My infrastructure had no strength. I was an inactive lump whose body was especially prone to ridiculous ailments because of how poorly I treated it.

Now that I've been exponentially more active, there is physical support there. My muscles and joints are much stronger than they used to be. It's an old injury that will flare up from time to time, but I don't need to freak out that I'm going to make one wrong move and have to start my treatment from scratch (or need to think about surgery). I am definitely not as scared now. I'm pretty sure I'd be in the state mental hospital if my husband wasn't around to keep me calm and sane.

p.s. Thanks for the supportive comments yesterday, they mean the world to me, always! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment