Thursday, January 28, 2010

Attack of the Skinny Adolescents

So I figured out when not to run on our local running trail. I got home today around 4:30, excited for the chance to get a workout in on a weekday while it was still light out. Ollie and I headed out to the trail, and right away we were flooded with a barage of kids. Jr. high and high school aged, boys and girls, all skinny, and all fast. Like, they lapped me on the mile loop fast.

I just wrote a whole rant about how most of them were inconsiderate and made parts of my workout a whole lot more difficult. But I erased it. Part of this training is working on having a better attitude when I face obstacles, and so I'm taking a conscious step in that direction.

In happier news, Couch to 5k Week 3.... check!

No comments:

Post a Comment