Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lucky Clover 5k, 3.20.10

I did it! I finished my first 5k.

IMG_1866

The day could not have been more beautiful, and the challenge could not have been more great (okay maybe that's an exaggeration), but despite feeling really sick this morning (sore throat, coughing, even a little wheezing), I went out there and conquered it.

IMG_1862
(first time using one of these doodads)

My goal time that I had set for slowwww-running self when I was feeling perfectly healthy was 45 minutes. This morning I set a new sicky goal: I'd be happy with an hour but would be thrilled with 55.

My time, and official 5k PR (ha!): 48:53!
Screen shot 2010-03-20 at 5.28.27 PM

The course was absolutely stunning. Through forests and hazelnut groves, along the river, sun shining, blue skies. It was a perfect day for a race, and I had the best time. Because I'm Amy, I'm now completely laid up on the couch with miscellaneous injuries and aches, but I'm planning on continuing my training next week as scheduled.

IMG_1878
Andy with bagpiper dude. This was the Lucky Clover race, after all.

SO thrilled to have made it past this milestone, and genuinely looking forward to the next one.

IMG_1879

YAY!

5 comments:

  1. As tweeted: ASS-KICKER. 48:53?!?! just goes to show, getting sick helps us attain our goals. ;-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go! I finished the Couch to 5K program yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoooooooo!!! So much awesome. And you look so happy, which is the best part. Congratulations again!! Hope your legs are feeling better today than they were yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, amy!!! i'm so thrilled for you - your post-race pics make me incredibly happy :) hope your legs have recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys both look so incredible! Rachel Raskin

    ReplyDelete