Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Miscellany

I have a few short and random running related thoughts "running" through my head, so this post will be bulleted (asterisked?) for easy reading.

*First and most importantly, Andy completed Couch to 5k tonight! He was a few weeks ahead of me because he kept going when I hurt my knee. I am so, so, so thrilled for and proud of him.

*After literally months of searching, I finally got a new jacket that I've specifically dedicated to running outside. It meets all of my criteria (lightweight, fits my hard-to-fit body, well-plaed pockets, no hood, waterproof, affordable, designed for exercise), and I used it for the first time tonight with great joy.

Source

*My run tonight was Week 7, Day 1. It was the 2nd of 4 25-minute runs in a row, and it was leaps and bounds easier than Sunday's. It was still a challenge, and there were about a dozen times when I wanted to just stop and go home (that's normal, right?), but I can feel myself improving, and I enjoyed my time on the trail tonight. And as a follow-up to my last post, I was able to push hard, my slow Amy version of sprinting, for the last minute, and I felt great afterwards.

*I bought one of those armband thingies for my iPhone, it should be here in a week or so. Curious to see how it works out. Besides my new jacket, really none of my workout clothes have pockets, so I've been holding my phone as I run, which is obviously not ideal.

That's all for now. Happy to be making progress. Slow and steady!

1 comment:

  1. Yay new jacket! And YAY for you rocking your second 25-minute run! Totally normal, btw, to want to bail. Even on the run on which I most enjoyed myself, when I was really psyched about being out for a run, I sometimes wanted to bail. Maybe eventually I'll get to a point where I mostly don't feel like I want to pack it in and walk home, but for now that's still pretty normal for me.

    ReplyDelete