Friday, March 19, 2010

My Home Away From Home

Since I so often rave about the running trail where I've been spending a lot of my time, I thought I'd post a little iPhone photo tour here.

The trail is a less than 5-minute walk from our house. Not only is it incredibly convenient, it's also worked out really well for the Couch to 5k workouts that always start with a 5-minute walk. It's a mile loop, and the path breaks up in a few places so there are 2 different ways you can do a mile and a couple of shorter and longer distances too.

I didn't get any pictures of this, but one of my favorite things about the trail is the little ponds and streams where you can see crystal clear reflections of the trees and sky when it's not raining. Oh and the chirping birds and ribbiting frogs. Makes me want to sing zippity doo dah!

Where I Run









3 comments:

  1. What a pretty place to run! Do you ever take Oliver with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course! Usually Andy holds onto him when we both go out since I find it pretty distracting to have him with me. He likes to criss-cross and wander around and get in mine and everyone else's way... with the best intentions, of course! But I never pass up an opportunity to get some exercise in for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pix, amy! YOU are an inspiration and oliver is a very lucky dog to be able to frolic on the trail!

    ReplyDelete